Thursday, October 2, 2008

Can jail ever be a home?

My dear Vivek if being a member of PETA gives you right to deal with animals in any way you feel like then I think every animal torturer would love to be a member of PETA :). But the fact is you can’t and if you do so everyone has full right to raise their voices against it. Your statement to me sounds more like – as if I am the policeman so I can murder anyone because I know rules better. Wakeup my friend, “aaj ke janta jagruk hai” they wont accept such kiddish statements of your to cover the harsh reality behind the curtains.


I appreciate your efforts in bringing NIBBLES from street (believing that he was orphan and not separated by you from his family). But I think you joined PETA more of as a show of and not out of interest because if you would have gone through the animal right act of India and PETA rules and regulations then they clearly say that if you find any orphan animal on street then contact immediately to the forest department. Being member in no way give you any permission to keep the animal with you. As a sincere member of PETA and animal lover such initiative should come from your side to liberate and working on lines to rehabilitate him. Sorry to say but all what you said in you post sounds more like a big giant hollow politician’s speech and certainly not from an animal lover.


I would advice you to go through the rules book of PETA, The Animal Welfare Board of India and specially Prevention of Cruelty to Animals’ Act of 1960 and Wildlife (Protection) Act of 1972 under which you and your crime partner can be sentenced to imprisonment for 3 months or Rs 500 fine or both.


I request you to stop giving lame excuses to keep NIBBLES for you own personal benefit (I don’t know what they are). Please work on the lines of making him independent and not dependent on you food and shelter that is the best you can do to make him feel happy. Don’t do it for me or anyone else but do it for you feelings and care towards animal. Do you think any animal can enjoy anything at the cost of his freedom…………………….

1 comment:

Abhishek Dwivedi said...

i would like to comment on the harsh realities that are there .It was yesterday night that the pity creature was jumping shoulders at 4 am in the morning .I have camped extensively and i have never come across squirrels awake that late and surely never seen them eating biscuits ..................

dude there is a lot time that you can spend in reconstructing the campus in a more Eco friendly way if nothing then check out the state of the wrappers that a flying across the campus.Well have a heart and a BRAIN .set him free .....