Friday, October 3, 2008

Get your facts straight....

The only purpose why I mentioned about my PETA membership is to assure you that I have fairly good knowledge about animal rights. That means I know much better what can be classified as animal torture.

Time and again you have been stating the word "torture". I ask you again, is it the pouch he is living in that's disturbing you? Because if it is so, then I'd pleased to build a bigger home for him.

If I had joined PETA for "show off", I would not have risked my life saving & relocating poisonous snakes, wild dogs, etc. I don't know if you can remember about "Golu" and two other puppies we had in our campus last semester. They were so sick, that they could not walk or eat. Even their mother abandoned them at a point. How many people came forward during that period to exhibit their "animal lover" nature? We had to beg to get at least 5 people, so that we could take him to local veterinarian.
And do you remember about that calf tied to the trees in the forest near UT-square?? It was raining really heavily then... many people saw it crying and shivering out of cold... finally who crawled under the barbed wire fence and relocated that poor creature to give it shelter?
There are many such incidents, which you might not probably recall. I am not at all interested in boasting or "showing off" my animal lover attitude, so please do not force me to state them.

And it's seem quite amusing to me reading about "animal cruelty" and issues alike, from people who chase and throw stuff at dogs in our campus. Please don't get me started on animal cruelty because if you are even a slight bit observant you would notice the number of "real" cruelty acts happening in our campus itself.

If you have gone through the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act(as you claim), you would have read Chapter III Section 11(h)(i)(j). These clauses clearly state that being an owner, abandoning an animal, knowing that it might cause the animal to starve or suffer pain is a legally punishable offense.
I have been a member since a long time now, I know the law quite well. Just reading a PDF on net for the sake of creating a post, mentioning about various acts won't do. PETA has their own bench of top lawyers who keep the members continually briefed on these acts. PLEASE do not create commotion for the sake of your own sadistic enjoyment. If you are really concerned, come ahead and first show us your so called "animal lover" attitude.

Finally, if anyone of you are really concerned about animals, instead of just sitting and posting comments on this blog, go ahead and try to rescue or help wild animals in and around the campus, that will hopefully make you a bit more aware about these issues. Then you are at total liberty of- "everyone has full right to raise their voices against it". It is really shameful to read comments from people who have never done anything for animals ever in their life, and just for the sake of creating a commotion are raising issues about animal rights. And for God's sake do not say that you are trying to help Nibbles... better accept the fact that you are totally ignorant about how this animal will live in nature, if set free.
Leave it to people who know how to handle these type of situation in a responsible manner, rather than giving senseless solution of "setting NIBBLES free."

No comments: